<$BlogRSDURL$>


The Social Construction of Truth

This is a series of philosophical meditations attempting to tell the story about how 'truth' (general term) is a socially constructed phenomenon.

Wednesday, April 28, 2004

I should add to my initial comments (of the last entry) that I intend to significantly elaborate on what it is exactly that I question about the conventional notion of truth. Untill this has been done, there is really nothing on which to comment for any of the readers of this blog. Currently my schedule does not allow me to sit at a computer for long enough to even begin elaborating my ideas; however, this will change (I hope) once I'm back in the States in June.

Let me also emphasize that when I do begin to ellaborate on my ideas, I will essentially be telling a story. I intend that the above description of my blog ("...attempting to tell the story about how...") should be taken quite literally. I will not be developing a systematic theory during the course of this blog. Rather I will be trying to communicate a sort of plotline in which the characters are not people but are thoughts, ideas, inspirations, and so forth. As a reader of this "story" of "characters" your understanding of them will develop just as your understanding of a character would develop while reading for the first time some novel.

posted by pennedav  # 8:27 AM
Comments: Post a Comment

Links

Archives

April 2004   May 2004   June 2004   July 2004   August 2004   October 2004   November 2004   December 2004   March 2005  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?